Does your Thomson DTi6300 fail to power on normally and displays a solid amber light? .
Owners have been experiencing problems with their box failing to come out of standby mode and typically showing a constant amber light on the front panel.
This fault is due to a broadcast issue which has led to a corrupt file being loaded onto the hard disk.
Only Thomson DTi6300 boxes have been affected. If you have been experiencing problems of this nature first of all try switching your box off at the wall and leave for twenty seconds. If this does not work, please try the following procedure.
Please note this will unfortunately cause recordings in your programme library to be lost . You may have to try this procedure a few times in order to resolve the issue as it requires complete attention and precise timing.
1. Disconnect the power supply from the unit by removing the power cable from the back of the box.
2. Wait 20 seconds and then put the power cable back in while pressing the 'standby/power on' buttonrepeatedly on the front panel of the box.
3. Release the standby button as soon as you see a light flash on the front of your box and thenimmediately press the arrow buttons on the front panel quickly and in the following sequence: Up, Down, Left, Right (please note this is not the order the arrow buttons appear on the box).
4. Your box should then show the amber light with the green light flashing until the disk re-format has been completed which will take around 60 seconds. The box should return to a solid red light (standby) automatically. If after 2 minutes your box still does not display a solid red light, please repeat steps 1-4.
5. When you return to the TV GUIDE screen, you will now need to scan for channels to restore your Top Up TV channel logos. To do this, please select Option 4 (set-up) from the Main Menu, followed by option 1 (scan for channels).
6. IMPORTANT: Once you have completed your channel scan, you will need to select option 5 from the Main Menu (Choose your channels) to re-select all those channel providers you would like Top Up TV to download shows from.
ps: also you can try menu-setup-help then press the yellow then blue buttons you WILL lose all recordings so make sure this is ok